Crossing the street is an everyday activity for most San Diegans, but too often it's also one of the most dangerous things they'll do all day. Fixing the Fatal Fifteen will provide safe infrastructure and help save lives.
Circulate released the original Fatal Fifteen list in early 2017. In 2018, the Mayor made a commitment to fix each of the fifteen intersections, and these improvements were completed in February 2019. The City of San Diego has now committed to fix over 300 more dangerous intersections, the first 50 of which are planned to be completed by the end of 2020. Thank you to the City of San Diego for prioritizing Vision Zero goals!
WHAT: Stripes. Sight. Sound. High visibility crosswalks, countdown audible signals are among the types of solutions needed.
WHERE: Intersections that have experienced the highest number of repeat crashes and do not have all three improvements:
- 45th St & Market St (D4)
- Camino Ruiz & Reagan Rd (D6)
- Cesar Chavez Pkway & National Ave (D8)
- Linda Vista Rd & Glidden St (D7)
- Market St & 30th St (D8)
- Mission Blvd & Felspar St (D2)
- Olney St & Grand Ave (D2)
- Pearl St & Fay Ave (D3)
- Scranton Rd & Morehouse Dr (D6)
- Tierrasanta Blvd & La Cuenta Dr (D7)
- University Ave & 32nd St E (D3)
- W Bernardo Dr & Poblado Rd (D5)
- W Pt Loma Bl & Rue Dorleans (D2)
- Mira Mesa Blvd & Marbury Ave/Westmore Rd (D6)
- 14th St & Broadway (D3)