FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Maya Rosas, Director of Policy
310-804-5256 | email@example.com
When: Wednesday, April 11th, 9:00am
Where: San Diego City Hall Concourse, 202 C Street, San Diego, CA (outdoors, west of the Civic Theatre)
- Maya Rosas, Circulate San Diego
- Abebe Woza Antallo, family member of traffic victim Abera Kebede Tora, who was killed on El Cajon Boulevard
- Kris McFadden, City of San Diego Transportation and Storm Water Department, Director
- San Diego City Councilmember Chris Ward, District 3, San Diego
- Andy Hanshaw, San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
What: The City of San Diego will commit to saving lives by fixing the Fatal Fifteen, the most dangerous intersections in San Diego, in the upcoming budget year. This is an important step in implementing Vision Zero and prioritizing safety in the transportation budget. Councilmember Ward will discuss the need for these improvements, many of which are in District 3. Visuals include group of advocates and Vision Zero signs in front of City Hall. Interview availability provided.
About Circulate San Diego
This event is coordinated in partnership with Circulate San Diego, a regional non-profit organization dedicated to advancing mobility and making the region a better place to move, work, learn, and play. Our work focuses on creating great mobility choices, more walkable and bikeable neighborhoods, and land uses that promote sustainable growth. For more information, go to www.circulatesd.org.