Great cities don’t just happen, they’re planned. Circulate San Diego recently launched #PlanDiego, a region-wide initiative to make planning and land use smarter, more inclusive, and fun!
Circulate San Diego will be releasing a series of position papers, hosting panel discussions, and organizing community events to elevate the discussion of planning and land use throughout the San Diego region.
Below are just a few examples of the type of land use and planning efforts undertaken by Circulate San Diego. Our #PlanDiego effort will build on these successes to help improve San Diego.
Advocacy about Land Use and Affordability:
- Policy Letter: The General Plan and Climate Action Plan Preclude Down-Zones of Neighborhoods
- Policy Letter: Incorporating Affordable Homes and Climate Action Plan Facilities in Rebuild San Diego Measure
- Policy Letter: Final Comments to SANDAG's Draft TOD Strategy
Resources and Training for Joining Community Planning Groups:
- Resource Page for joining Community Planning Groups
- Recap of our successful training for “How to Join Your Community Planning Group”
Research on Key Land Use Issues in San Diego:
- Report: Water-Infill: A Key Strategy for Water in San Diego
- Report: Smart Mobility for Smart Growth - Implementing SB 743 and Complete Streets in San Diego
In the coming months, stay tuned for a variety of research publications and community engagement events, including:
- A significant research report on how the City of San Diego can implement transit oriented development
- Panel Discussion: How Community Planning Groups can help achieve the City of San Diego's TOD and climate goals
- A series of "state of the regulation" papers identifying barriers to smart growth in our region