FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Circulate San Diego and SDPD Release Comic-Con-Themed PSAs
SAN DIEGO (July 16, 2019) – The 50th Anniversary of San Diego Comic-Con is days away and Circulate San Diego wants visitors and locals alike to consider walking, biking, or taking public transit!
Today Circulate San Diego and San Diego Police Department recognized the need to promote the use of alternative methods of transportation when traveling downtown for Comic-Con by releasing five short videos to promote transportation options, safety, and San Diego’s Vision Zero campaign.
Over 100,000 people from all over the world come to San Diego each year for Comic-Con. Circulate San Diego hopes to encourage conference participants to use something other than a car to travel to the convention center.
- Video 1: Captain VZ’s How to get to Comic-Con demonstrates the many options for how to travel to this year’s event (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepR92fDXqc&list=PLsTeEcHxI6_a2BV9cu6bMZBH4sfinfyoI&index=3)
- Video 2: Watch Captain VZ safely ride a bike down the J Street, a new protected bike lane in Downtown, and get three bike safety tips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcOtrE3bx8&list=PLsTeEcHxI6_a2BV9cu6bMZBH4sfinfyoI&index=2).
- Video 3: Watch Captain VZ safely walk to Comic-Con and get three pedestrian safety tips to remember while walking through Downtown (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCfDs4fols&list=PLsTeEcHxI6_a2BV9cu6bMZBH4sfinfyoI&index=1
- Video 4: Watch Captain VZ safely ride a Lyft electric scooter and get three scooter safety tips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-DK5fF2dlI&list=PLsTeEcHxI6_a2BV9cu6bMZBH4sfinfyoI&index=5)
- Video 5: Watch Captain VZ safely ride the trolley and get three transit safety tips (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfWPJ0UueK8&list=PLsTeEcHxI6_a2BV9cu6bMZBH4sfinfyoI&index=4)
The five videos feature San Diego’s favorite super hero “Captain VZ” riding a variety of mobility options. The videos public service announcement emphasizes the importance of thinking about other modes of transit and how to use them safely.
“Comic-Con is a great opportunity for people to try getting around Downtown by transit, walking, or biking” said Colin Parent from Circulate San Diego.
For more information on how get to Comic-Con visit Circulate San Diego’s website here.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
About Circulate San Diego
Circulate San Diego is a regional nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing mobility and making the region a better place to move, work, learn, and play. Our work focuses on creating great mobility choices, more walkable and bikeable neighborhoods, and land uses that promote sustainable growth. For more information, go to www.circulatesd.org.