You are invited to attend an invitation-only roundtable discussion dedicated to the subject of implementing SB 743 in the San Diego region.
Circulate San Diego and its partners in the Complete Streets Task Force have hosted two previous roundtable discussions with San Diego transportation leaders/professionals to highlight opportunities and challenges with implementing SB 743 legislation since its adoption in 2013. We will host a third roundtable Wednesday, March 14th to continue the conversation and get more in depth.
Participants will include representatives from professional organizations, and public agencies.
- SB 743 Resource Page: http://www.opr.ca.gov/ceqa/updates/sb-743/
- Circulate San Diego SB 743 Report: http://www.circulatesd.org/sb743
- WSP Implementation Paper: http://www.wsp-pb.com/Globaln/USA/Publications/transportation-infrastructure/Implementing_SB_743_technical_paper.pdf
- Introduction to the purpose of the Roundtable and expected results – Erik Ruehr, VRPA Technologies/Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Update on SB 743 legislation – Chris Ganson, California Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR)
- Update on the City of San Diego's efforts to implement SB 743 – Maureen Gardiner, City of San Diego
- Roundtable discussion – Moderated by Kathleen Ferrier, Vision Zero Network
- What steps are cities taking to prepare?
- What are short- and medium-term challenges?
- What VMT significance thresholds are cities considering adopting?
- How will the transition from LOS to VMT affect a city's ability to collect TIFs?
- What role will SANDAG have in the implementation process?
- What is the likelihood and necessity of creating a regional process for implementation?
202 C St
San Diego, CA 92101
Google map and directions