The Volunteer Planner & Arc/GIS internship at Circulate San Diego is considered on a rolling basis, and as needed.
The position will support planning projects and Arc/GIS and data editing work of Circulate San Diego. The position will be supervised by management staff, and will directly contribute to the organization’s efforts to promote walkability and bikeability in the San Diego region.
The volunteer internship is unpaid and can be paired with academic credit.
- Utilize Arc/GIS to assist in the development of a Pedestrian and Bicycle Level of Service Inventory.
- Conduct data input and editing using a combination of Arc/GIS, Excel, and Google Earth.
- Perform related planning work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
- Focus and an ability to work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, and planning software (Arc/GIS, Google Earth)
- Basic understanding of active transportation planning practices
As a volunteer staff member of Circulate San Diego, the Intern is expected to contribute to its overall mission, and:
- Participate in the team working approach of Circulate San Diego
- Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures
- Attend internal meetings, as required
- Provide a high level of client service at all times
- Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego
How to Apply:
Send a short cover letter, resume, an Arc/GIS work sample, and any other relevant work product examples, attention to: