It is with great gratitude that Circulate San Diego announces the departure of our executive director Jim Stone. Jim is leaving Circulate San Diego far more impactful as an organization, and we know he will thrive in his next endeavor at the Elementary Institute of Science.
Please help us celebrate Jim’s service, and recommit to our future and join Circulate San Diego as a member: http://www.circulatesd.org/membership.
Under Jim’s leadership, Circulate San Diego has accomplished much:
- The City of San Diego adopted a Vision Zero strategy to end traffic fatalities
- We have advised nearly every City in the region on transportation policy and planning
- We succeeded in our campaign to get the Metropolitan Transportation System to adopt Stored Value for the Compass Card
- Circulate San Diego has trained thousands of school children on bicycle and pedestrian safety
- Our advocacy efforts have helped spur policy for affordable development near transit
- Developed the Regional Walk Scorecard that rates how well San Diego County’s 18 cities are improving walkability
Circulate San Diego is also welcoming two current and former staff members into new roles within our organization. Current staff member Colin Parent will serve as interim executive director and former staff member Maya Rosas is rejoining Circulate as our advocacy manager.
Our members drive our organization. For a small contribution (or a large one!), you can help ensure that Circulate San Diego maintains our ability to advocate for transportation choices in the San Diego region. Please join as a member today: http://www.circulatesd.org/membership.
Thank you for your continuing support, and we look forward to moving the ball forward for transportation in the region!
P.S. We also welcome business and organizational memberships: