March is Bike Theft Awareness Month! Circulate San Diego has teamed up with other local partners to provide important resources and programs to help keep you and your bike safe!
The San Diego County Bicycle Coalition has many great resources to check out and learn about. You can access these tools at: https://sdbikecoalition.org/event/bike-theft-awareness-month/
Circulate San Diego is using Bike Theft Awareness Month to zero-in on the importance of bike locks! Unfortunately, some of our staff have had the terrible experience of having a bike stolen - even with it locked! Therefore, we don't want anyone else to ever experience this tragedy, and we want to help make bike riding (and locking) an enjoyable and care-free experience!
Below are some links to videos and resources to help you select the most dependable lock. We have also included a quick-guide resource that you can download and share. Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
What is the best bike lock for you? How do you choose?
- Top 5 bike locks, featuring different styles of locks
- Top 5 U-Locks
- How to lock your bike using a variety of popular locks
- How and where to securely lock your bike in public
- How to lock your bike the RIGHT way
- How to use a U-Lock properly
- In-depth article breaking down different locks including videos about each and where to buy them
- Short article New York times showcasing the best-rated lock, Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboutit Mini U-lock