Check out this week's featured stories:
- Crash Site Memorial Installed for 9 Victims of B St Crash
- Check out our Mobility Monday webinar series!
- Are you ready to Pedal With Your Peeps?!
- Advocacy Alert: Save Slow Streets on Diamond St!
- Explore the Shore — Get Ready to Explore the Bayshore Bikeway!
- Bike Theft Awareness Month — Know Your Bike Lock!
- Circulate News
Crash Site Memorial Installed for 9 Victims of B St Crash
On Monday, March 15, 2021 a tragic crash on B Street resulted in three deaths and six injuries of houseless San Diegans living under the City College overpass. This horrific crash confronts the intersectional nature of housing needs and safe street infrastructure.
We believe no life lost on a roadway is acceptable. We believe every San Diegan deserves a home. We call this a “crash” not an “accident” because this crash was preventable. We need policies that can solve the housing crisis and traffic violence crisis.
Circulate, in partnership with our Vision Zero allies beautifulPB, Bike SD, San Diego County Bicycle Coalition, and the San Diego Mountain Biking Association, installed a crash site memorial at the scene of the crash.
Checkout our Mobility Monday webinar series!
"Mobility Monday" is a four-part webinar series focusing on mobility topics for unique user groups. This event offers the opportunity for attendees to learn a new perspective on mobility and participate in a discussion about each topic. We invite everyone and anyone who is interested to bring your lunch, tune in, and join us.
Please RSVP to attend, and a Zoom code will be sent to you in a confirmation email. The same registration link can be used for all Mobility Monday events.
Every event is held from 12pm - 1pm. Topics to look forward to:
- Monday, April 12, 2021 // Vision Zero and Safe Streets for All
- Monday, April 26, 2021 // Mobility for Older Adults and Safety Tips
- Monday, May 17, 2021 // Women Mobility and Gender Differences
- Monday, May 31, 2021 // Persons with Disabilities Mobility and Safety
Register at: https://www.circulatesd.org/mobility_monday_webinar_series
Are you ready to Pedal With Your Peeps?!
Scavenger Hunt: March 27 – April 10, 2021
Pedal With Your Peeps Saturday: April 3, 2021
Visit the website to learn more about Pedal With Your Peeps: https://sdbikecoalition.org/event/pedal-with-your-peeps/
Ride Safe, Wear a Mask, Have Fun!
Advocacy Alert: Save Slow Streets on Diamond St!
The San Diego Slow Streets Program began almost a year ago, providing safe shared spaces for residents to get outside and move around their neighborhood in much-needed car-free spaces.
Now, with just one Slow Street remaining, the program is in jeopardy. beautifulPB is organizing to keep slow streets slow, but they need your help! Councilmember Campbell and City Staff need to hear from you. We've created quick and easy links for you to share your support for the Diamond St Slow Street.
Click here to send Councilmember Campbell and City Staff an email in support of Slow Streets on Diamond St.
Click here for a pre-filled tweet to share your support + photos on the Diamond St Slow Street.
Explore the Shore – Get Ready to Explore the Bayshore Bikeway!
Get ready to explore San Diego’s beautiful shore along the Bayshore Bikeway in our self-guided month-long event starting in April 2021. The Bayshore Bikeway is one of San Diego’s safest, longest, and most scenic bikeways spanning approximately 24 miles, including 13 miles of car-free paths!
We’ve partnered with the California Office of Traffic Safety and many local businesses to make the experience more enjoyable for you! Stay tuned for event registration and opportunities to win big prizes! The first 25 registered riders will receive a special prize just for registering.
Visit: Explore the Shore for more information!
Bike Theft Awareness Month – Know Your Bike Lock!
March is Bike Theft Awareness Month! Circulate San Diego has teamed up with other local partners to provide important resources and programs to help keep you and your bike safe!
The San Diego County Bicycle Coalition has many great resources to check out and learn about. You can access these tools at:
Circulate San Diego is using Bike Theft Awareness Month to zero-in on the importance of bike locks! Unfortunately, some of our staff have had the terrible experience of having a bike stolen - even with it locked! Therefore, we don't want anyone else to ever experience this tragedy, and we want to help make bike riding (and locking) an enjoyable and care-free experience!
Visit https://www.circulatesd.org/bike_theft_awareness_month for more information and resources!
- US Traffic Deaths Spike Even as Pandemic Cuts Miles Traveled, San Diego News 7, March 4, 2021
- MTS board recommends reducing youth fares, making bus and trolley transfers free, The Coast News Group, March 11, 2021
- Weekly Briefing - Fee Transfer Policy, Sdnews.com, March 15, 2021
- Letter: SB10 – Local Control for Increased Housing Density, March 5, 2021
- Letter: Support for MTS Free Transfer Policy, March 9, 2021
- Press Release: Pedestrian Struck in Hit and Run in Redwood Village, March 10, 2021
- Press Release: Circulate San Diego Congratulates MTS for Adopting Free Transfers in New Fare Policy, March 11, 2021
- Press Release: Circulate San Diego calls on local media to use “Crash” not “Accident” when covering today’s tragic deaths and injuries near City College, March 15, 2021