The “Lemon Grove Kids Walk & Roll to School” is a 3 year (2013-2015) federally funded non-infrastructure
Safe Routes to School program administered by the City of Lemon Grove in partnership with Circulate San
Diego (formerly WalkSanDiego), and the Lemon Grove School District. The purpose of the project is to
achieve the following:
- Create and implement a comprehensive education and awareness strategy.
- Encourage and empower more children to walk to school.
- Increase the number of parents and children choosing active transportation1 to get to and from school.
- Provide the tools necessary to empower students and parents to feel safe walking and biking in their community.
- Gather/collect public input used to inform the ongoing community plan update effort.