Volunteer internships at Circulate San Diego are considered on a rolling basis, and as needed.
The positions will support the policy advocacy and planning work of Circulate San Diego. The positions will be supervised by senior management staff, and will directly contribute to the organization’s efforts to promote transit, walkability and smart land uses in the San Diego region.
The volunteer internships are unpaid and can be paired with academic credit.
- Support programs such as data collection, map-making, event planning, etc.
- Assist staff in outreach events.
- Create and design fact sheets and infographics using policy and research data utilizing existing templates.
- Policy research, drafting, and development of advocacy materials.
- Draft and submit public records act requests.
- Develop research paper drafts for publication.
- Research and supplement press lists for reports and media figures in the San Diego region, state-wide, and nationally.
- Copy-edit reports, press releases, fact sheets, and web copy.
- Develop blog posts that promote the mission of Circulate San Diego.
- Perform related work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
- Participate in the team working approach of Circulate San Diego
- Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures
- Attend internal meetings, as required
- Provide a high level of client service at all times
- Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and any other relevant work product examples, attention to:
Executive Director and General Counsel, Circulate San Diego