Current Job Openings:
Circulate San Diego is pleased to announce that we are hiring for three positions on our growing team.
Click the links below to see these new opportunities. And please forward these postings to people you think would be a great fit for our organization.
This is a unique opportunity for a medium to senior level planning professional to join a high-profile organization to lead team of collaborative and dynamic planners. This position is perfect for a lateral jump into a nonprofit, or for an up-and-comer looking to take the next step in their career to develop leadership, management, and business skills.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Planning is responsible for managing all activities and functions of Circulate’s value-oriented fee-for-service planning division. As a nonprofit think tank, Circulate uses advocacy, research, and planning to advance our mission of creating excellent mobility choices, and vibrant healthy neighborhoods.
As our organization has grown in revenue and prominence in recent years, we are investing in hiring a Development Director to join our leadership team, and to build for the future.
The Director of Development will work in close partnership with the Executive Director, helping to maximize the value of leadership’s fundraising time, and becoming a reliable alter ego with donors, prospects, and board members. The Development Director will be responsible for our entire philanthropic revenue portfolio, with a primary emphasis on growing our successful Corporate Membership program.
Circulate San Diego is hiring a new entry-level Assistant Planner to be a part of our dynamic planning team. The new teammate will help Circulate to effectively deliver and manage active transportation planning and community outreach projects.
Volunteer internships at Circulate San Diego are considered on a rolling basis, and as needed.
The positions will support the policy advocacy and planning work of Circulate San Diego. The positions will be supervised by senior management staff, and will directly contribute to the organization’s efforts to promote transit, walkability and smart land uses in the San Diego region.
The volunteer internships are unpaid and can be paired with academic credit.
- Support programs such as data collection, map-making, event planning, etc.
- Assist staff in outreach events.
- Create and design fact sheets and infographics using policy and research data utilizing existing templates.
- Policy research, drafting, and development of advocacy materials.
- Draft and submit public records act requests.
- Develop research paper drafts for publication.
- Research and supplement press lists for reports and media figures in the San Diego region, state-wide, and nationally.
- Copy-edit reports, press releases, fact sheets, and web copy.
- Develop blog posts that promote the mission of Circulate San Diego.
- Perform related work as required dependent on the necessary skills, experience and aptitudes, and subject to such additional responsibilities falling within the general duties of the position.
- Participate in the team working approach of Circulate San Diego
- Assume responsibility for following all policies and procedures
- Attend internal meetings, as required
- Provide a high level of client service at all times
- Project and maintain a positive image on behalf of Circulate San Diego
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and any other relevant work product examples, attention to:
Policy Counsel, Circulate San Diego